Saturday, April 2, 2011

Watched *Inception*

Wow.

Although I think I missed the details of the motivation for the protagonist's
wife for not wanting to return to real reality (but Teresa clued me in), I did
manage to follow the rest of the plot eventually. Just don't ask me what it is
*now.*

I have had several of those "dream within a dream" experiences four or five
years ago and I did wake up a tad nervous.

Watching it I thought of both *Adaptation* (recursive plot) and *What Dreams May
Come* (dreams as reality--post-mortem in that case).

Interesting since I've been rifling through books dealing with physics &
consciousness & the possible objective (though extradimensional) reality of
DMT, shamanic, alien abduction and near-death experiences--which posit a certain
independence of consciousness from neurological states.

The movie approaches one aspect of that issue: namely, the degree to which
consciousness requires an Other or an Outside in order to express itself. I'm
referring the central theme about how difficult it is for a consciousness to
make up something completely "whole cloth" on its own...

R.

http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: