Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Aw, say it ain't so...& regarding latest "birther" news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1379844/Science-world-buzzing-rumours-elusive-God-particle-found.html


If the foregoing turns out to be true and they have indeed found the Higgs
bosun, I may have to give up my deepest cosmological beliefs and concede that
the Standard Model is correct & endure the taunts and jeers of my children, as
well as that of my sane, orthodox-cosmology-believing friends and peers. Oh,
well. I am optimistic that rationalization can find a way.

In other news, Obama has caused the release of his long-form birth certificate
in an apparent attempt to placate the birthers. (Orly Whatserface has already
said the certificate is not valid because it says "African" instead of "Negro.")

Daily Kos is rejoicing because over there they believe that by releasing his
birth certificate, knowing that the diehard birthers still won't believe him,
Obama has shrewdly kept the issue alive to the detriment of the Republican
Party. I believe (and hope) Daily Kos is right.

That said, I also rather wish he had not done it. But since he has, my Inner
Stalinist (and also my Inner Blood Feudin' Texan) rather hopes that just this
once, Obama would show a mean, vindictive streak. Perhaps in his second term,
he could make the dreams of *those people* come true. Declare martial law and
ship 'em off to FEMA camps.

(In the spirit of Jon Kyl's famous remark, the preceding paragraph contains
assertions that are not intended to be factual.)

R.

http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: