Thursday, March 31, 2011

Re: Better Off Ted...

Another in the "brilliant but cancelled" genre.  Well, if not brilliant, at least "quite good but cancelled."  

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Roy Griffin <roygg9@yahoo.com> wrote:
I had vaguely heard of this, but didn't know anything about it.  I saw that my
daughter had started watching it on my netflix streaming account & decided to
try it out.  Perhaps y'all are already familiar with it but my first impression
was that this was a hoot.   This show has the same kind of zany & shameless gags
a bit like Scrubs--but there's a lot of clear satire about evil corporations
that appeals to us highly moral & political junkie types...the satire also
provides a thread to hang the gags on...

(I can't fault zany & perhaps rather stoopid gag shows like *Scrubs* for being
what they are--I laugh at the gags sometimes, but I can rarely sit through a
whole show.   The show exists for the sake of the gags and it becomes somewhat
like what W.H. Auden said about the *Importance of Being Earnest*--a sort of
spoken word-only opera--except with *Scrubs it's an opera of spoken-word cum
sight gags--and perhaps it's not quite as brilliant as Oscar Wilde's play.)

R.

http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/


No comments: