Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Slow grind at the DOJ...

I once predicted Richard Nixon would resign and nobody believed me.  Since then, my record as a prophet has been less than stellar.  Nevertheless, here goes: 

Eric Holder will appoint a DOJ special prosecutor to look into the abuses of power of the Bush Administration.  I suspect the investigation primarily will be confined to the torture issue.  He will choose someone like Patrick Fitzgerald--probably not Fitzgerald himself because of the politics--not so much because Holder is so eager to see justice done (although I'm sure he does) but because he wants somebody exceedingly thorough, so that the preliminary phase of the investigation will be long and not making headlines while Obama consolidates his agenda with Congress. 

So there. 

Or maybe the foregoing is merely wishful thinking mildly tainted with pessimism. 

R.
 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: