Sunday, April 12, 2009

Of teabagging parties and rational self-interest

If I wuz a Republican bigwig & had a modicum of rational self-interest, I would stay away vehemently (if that makes sense) from the Faux News-sponsored teabagging parties. 

Probably nothing will happen except some really ridiculous rants (that alone might be reason for a pol to stay away, but Republican pols don't seem to get that these days), but I think there is the distinct possibility that some Klansmen, or some skinheads, or some militia types will show up and do something tragic.

I mean, these folks are really out there...

But I confess I am fascinated by the prospect of somebody trying to intimate to them the meaning of the double entendre involved in the term.  Or trying to find out if they know the meaning.   But surely they know and are militantly ignoring it just like they do reality in general.  Or do they really not know?  Talk about your deconstructionist undecidability. 

R.

http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: