Friday, June 25, 2010

The fever is upon me...

Suddenly, I have to know everything there is to know about the poet Charles Olson. 
While looking for something else, I came across an allusion to Alfred North Whitehead's influence on Olson.  Whitehead's is the philosophy that more and more has me in its grip--fused with my idiosyncratic neo-Marxism in a way that I can't quite articulate.  'Cor I haven't been acceptable to other Marxists as One of Them for a long time--but that's okay, since I have but little doubt but that *my* understanding is the absolutely correct version.  {Throw in a little Taoism, Mayahana (sp?) Buddhism & Adoptionist Christianity (univeralist version) and there you have my worldview--well simpler than much of the stuff they brew at Starbuck's}. (No offense intended, Mary P.)
 
Speaking of Buddhism--my FB friend Pat Hartman turned me on to John Burdett's series of mysteries set in Thailand. Quite shocking stuff.  I don't know how Thai people would regard Burdett's view of the Thai (he speaks through the persona of a half-westernized Thai policeman) but it has the feel of authenticity.  
 
R.
 
 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: