Friday, March 20, 2009

Watched "W." last night...

So I like suffering.  2+ hours of the horrors of the Bush Administration fairly neatly encapsulated. 

Humanizing Bush did little to arouse my sympathies.  Maybe the guy does have a Daddy  hangup, but I find it difficult to believe that Bush has enough self-awareness to show the kind of anguish he was depicted as having. 

Dreyfuss made a damn good Cheney.  The fellow who played Karl Rove looked a lot like him in the face, but there was something a little too Igor-ish about his demeanor--though I might say Rove is "objectively" an Igor in one of my neo-Stalinist moments.

One more cavil:  Bush is a boorish, dyslexic, semi-literate and intellecually incurious bumpkin, but I don't think he is stupid across the board.  I can't put my finger on it myself, but he's got some kind of sly smarts that somebody ought to define...

I can always find something to complain about, but I thought it was a pretty good movie all the same.

R.


 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: