Thursday, March 12, 2009

Defeated and elated...

This would have been more appropriate as a Facebook entry, but I want to blather on longer than that format allows...

I have been castigating myself for years for not fixing my lunch, leading to excessive eating out, weight gain, needless expense, etc.  It seems the big hangup has been not having the lunch sacks handy, or not having (or willing to take) the time to manipulate all the wrapping & fiddling with paper & plastic.  

It came to me this morning.  I need a lunch box.  I will stop at Randall's and buy a lunch box.  Vistas of a new, proactive, healthy, thrifty lifestyle opened up.   I went to Randall's.  "We're sorry, sir.  We don't carry them." 

Thus I came to work with a small gray, not-quite-dark cloud riding over my head, feeling I was not meant to be proactive, healthy, thrifty, etc.  Then I noticed at my desk up on a shelf I had, not one, but two zippered plastic boxes that would serve quite nicely as lunch boxes--and plastic containers for drinks also.  I had forgotten all about them.  They were passed out as morale boosters a couple of years ago at work for those employees like myself who came to work despite a severe (for Texas) ice storm.  I felt the path of virtue open up before me.  I felt unreasonably happy. 

Is there such a thing as Bipolar Lite?

R.
 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: