Saturday, February 28, 2009

Today Obama slapped them in the face with a chain mail gauntlet...

Obama ended his electronic fireside chat with "...they are (the Evil Ones--my parenthesis) gearing up for a fight.  And so am I." 

Oh, my.  Could it be that honesty is the best policy?  And the bleeding heart,  Goody-two Shoes leftish persuasion is going to kick over the, um, you know, all across America? 

I call to mind the lines from Ginsberg's great Smoky the Bear Sutra that go (more or less) he's gonna

Drown their butts
Crush their butts, etc., etc.

I agree with what many regard as the hysterical left blogosphere that we should never assume that Obama is always going to do the right thing, and that it is wrong to assume he is playing some kind of 11th dimensional chess whenever he takes a position we don't like or have doubts about & that everything will be okay in the end...

Still, I wonder if he hasn't been playing 11th dimensional chess all along...

He has been insistent about this transparency and openess thing that it is so easy to be cynical about, but I wonder if by insisting on it and then naming the specific lobbies that are likely to oppose his agenda if he isn't playing a new kind of hardball that his opponents will have a tough time hitting against...

He's got 13 million folks on his e-mail list who are arguably at least center-leftish, astute and quite conscious politically--that's 13 million pairs of eyes who are watching him--and also watching out for him. 

I dunno.  Just a theory. 

R.


 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: