Friday, May 10, 2013

Some fun findings about the *I Write Like* website...


You can compare yourself to the Great Writers--well, and some well known writers--by pasting a couple paragraphs of your writing to the *I Write Like* website at  http://iwl.me/

If you find yourself somewhat distressed at the results, here's an interesting critique of the results: 


Apparently, *I Write Like* has about a 47% reliability.  

Several famous writers are tagged as writing like Dan Brown...which may be okay, but I doubt few of them made as much money.  

I've entered my stuff several times and my writing is most often tagged as like H.P. Lovecraft, whose work is a precursor to the modern horror genre.  His critical reputation is somewhat improved of late, but his prose is generally considered to be somehow...excessive.  

But I must point out, as my fervent narcissism requires, my last entry was said to be *like* James Joyce--and he is one writer who's writing turns out to be most like...James Joyce.  I find this comforting, somehow. 

R. 


http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: