Thursday, November 19, 2009

Headed for home plate?

 
Everybody (except for about 30% of population)  is sweating bullets about the prospects of real health care reform (as well they should be, with the Democrats' talent for "f*cking up a wet dream") and yet, the frail Reid has whispered the magic word "reconciliation" to the Conservadems & they seem to be melting into the shadows...
 
What I would like to think is that this is like the campaign, where we kept wishing Obama would "get tough" or do this, or do that, and yet he made it come off & rather brilliantly at that.  I think it is also true now, as it was then, that he and all the Good Guys have a mighty assist from the rank ineptitude of their opponents...So health care reform may yet happen.  If it does, though, I really think the Good Guy Democrats and Obama should get their act together better.  One cannot rely on the ineptitude of the opposition lasting forever...
 
(I just violated one of my core principles in the caption:  never use sports metaphors except from horse racing--a guilty pleasure I allow myself.  I guess I'll get over it).
 
R.
 
 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/


No comments: