Saturday, October 5, 2013

Solving all financial problems

tomorrow, as I am going to prospect for topaz at the Seaquist Ranch in Mason County.  

Actually, I don't really expect to find any.  But I have found some interesting quartz, chert and something that was arguably flint.  This time I'm also going to be on the lookout for agate and petrified wood.  (I did find a small piece of petrified wood last time).   I'm told there may be black tourmaline in the area also.  It's not the high dollar stuff, but I've items made with it on etsy.  I've also seen pendants made with flint on etsy with asking prices rather above some of the "prettier" stones.  

I've already made a couple of nearly satisfactory pendants.  One of them is a kind of macho thing, with a hammered steel wire abstraction and a black vinyl "chain"; the other is a reddish agate set (with glue) against a copper wire disc that I crocheted--the copper chain is something I purchased from Michael's.  (I crocheted a copper wire chain, but it was too stiff for the required aesthetics.)

For some reason, I am loath to try and make earrings or rings.  But bracelets are okay.  I must think about brooches and belt buckles also.

As I have said before, best not to trifle with me--I have crochet hooks and I know how to use them.  

But here's hoping for a ten pound blue crystal topaz. 

R.   
 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: