Saturday, April 13, 2013

I like to think I have a cold mind and a warm heart...

And here's a recent thought from the cold mind department...

I wish the Newtown families would come to Texas to lobby the Texas legislature. 

Now I love my native Texas for reasons that would take me a while to research, but I am reasonably sure that such a visit would inevitably result in some jackass from the Lege (as we fondly refer to it here) piping up and saying something so incredibly gauche and and insensitive that national sympathy would rebound to good effect in Washington D.C. and (who knows?) result in the passage of a truly meaningful gun safety bill.  

The reason I assign this thought to the cold mind department is I really would not want the families to have to undergo the ordeal.   I also doubt there is any gun safety legislation pending in the Texas Legislature.  

No comments: