Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The old days

Yesterday, Allen H., locomotive on the A-train group, posted a handy guide to various Texas geographical & other (Texas) oddities.  It threw me into a state of unregenerate nostalgia.  


I lived in White Flat, TX from the ages of 6 to 7 YO.  I went to school in Matador, Texas, 10 miles to the south.  They are places of primal beauty.  Well, in their own way.  

Oh.  Nearly forgot.  I *started* first grade in Flomot, TX.  


I remember my first day of school.  What I noticed was that there were Other People there and all the noise bothered me.  I was upset that I was going to have go back the next day.  I threatened to burn the school down.  

I may be possessed of a disposition as sweet, agreeable & generally compliant as a body might ever want to meet, but do not test me.  I had a childhood in the Texas Panhandle. 

Yaaahooo!

R. 
 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/


No comments: