Friday, October 16, 2009

It's hard not to gloat...

as we watch the Republicans struggle with their lunatic fringe, being forced to kowtow to them one minute, and back away from them the next. 

But I sincerely hope the moderate Republicans get their act together well enough to remain a credible threat to the Democrats,  The idea of a viable proto-fascist party gaining traction as an electoral threat is too nasty to contemplate. 

Trouble is, people like Lincoln Chaffee are no longer in office.  Specter has little credibility with Republicans now that he is a Democrat & he's getting up in years.  Sen. Lindsay Graham (Huckleberry), well, it's stretching it to call him a moderate, although he has a moderate style--and I wonder if he is smart enough.  It's unfair, but even though I'm from Texas, I have to struggle with the prejudice I have regarding the intellect of anybody who speaks with such a cornpone accent--but right now, he seems like their best bet.  (He's said some crazy shit to placate the Right as he preps for a run for 2012 or 2016--at least I hope that's what he's doing--that is, mere posturing).

R.
 
http://gg9-tto.blogspot.com/

No comments: